Friday, February 1, 2013

Fabric Softener


     I saw this "recipe" on Pinterest, way back, in how to make fabric softener.  I  changed it a little to fit the orange juice bottle I was reusing.  Here is how I did it.

Ingredients
4 Cups hot water
2 Cups white vinegar
1 Cup Suave Conditioner (I picked Strawberry this time.  Last time I picked Apple)

The measured conditioner

     First, I whisked the water and conditioner together.  Then added the vinegar.  And lastly, I put it in my bottle.  It got all foamy, but that goes away in a few days. I use mine in a Downy ball that I got a sale for $2. 

     To break down the cost for this recipe:

$1.82 a half gallon of vinegar.
With 8 cups in a half gallon, this came out to $0.23 per cup. I used 2 cups= $0.46.

$1.50 a big bottle of conditioner.
I used one cup, which was a little less than half = about $.75.

$0.46+ $0.75= $1.21 for the whole bottle of fabric softener.  This lasts us about 3 months.  Now that is a deal. :) 

PS Please click on an ad to the right or below this post in hopes to raise some money for my little family. It's completely free for you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment