Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birdhouse Fun

     Anyone that knows me knows I love a good project.  So I saw this project on Pinterest on a birdhouse that you could see into.  So I clicked on it and decided to replicate it.  Then I found a birdhouse on our local for sale site for $5.  I also bought suction cups from Home Depot for $1.94 for three.  Here is how I did it.  First, I got the birdhouse and painted it. Then, my wonderful husband used his tools to get the back panel off.  It took more effort than I thought it would.  He even sanded the opening so bigger birds could get it.
 


 I sprayed the entire thing with sealer. It took a while to dry.  I did two coats.  Then I hot glued the laminate sheet on the back and the suction cups. The first time I put suction cups on, the house fell OFF the cups once it was outside.  We had a good laugh.  Then I went and bought bigger cups and tried it again. So far, so good.
 

 
     I hope a bird family moves into the house. How cool would that be?? Dallyn keeps asking where the birds are. It's really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment