Saturday, February 9, 2013

Raised Garden

     The hubs made me a raised garden.  Today, I started the seeds in some cups.  A lady from Church gave me some seedlings for Romas, onions and jalapenos.  Last year, I put two green onions from the store  into my pot of tulips.  I didn't know that they would spread around the outside of the pot.  There were about 10 of them in there now.  So I removed the onions and I planted them and some seeds of lettuce directly into the raised garden.
     In cups I planted green beans, zucchini, spinach, mini bell peppers, peas, pumpkin and cantaloupe.  I harvested the seeds from the mini bell peppers that I bought at the store last year.  They are so good with cream cheese inside and wrapped in bacon... mmm put in the oven and they are perfect for snacking.  In the mason jars I planted parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano, and California poppies.  Here they are in the window.

The mason jars
The cups of seeds
Even Jasper showed up to see.
     After they sprout and the weather improves a little, I will move them outside. :) I'm excited about that.  It's going to be fun to ean and can a ton of fruits and veggies.  One can hope. 
     On another note, the birdhouse is still up on the window.  Unfortunately, no bird family has moved in yet.  That makes me sad, but spring is still upon us.  I really hope one moves in.  I think I want it to happen more than Dall, but he'll be excited when he can see it.
     PS Please click on an ad for me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment