Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Over- Achiever

     I LOVE cute things... even more so when I can make them or recreate them some how.  I had the greatest idea to make Dall and his classmates some mailboxes for their Valentines.  Great idea right? I found a pattern on The Simply Modern Mom blog. 
     It all started out great... until I realized there are 27 kids in my son's class. 27!!! Holy cow!!! That is a lot of paper.  It took a two days to draw out the pattern and cut the pieces out.  Another night to hot glue them all together.  One mistake tho, I should have let the glue dot dry a little first THEN put the mailbox closed. The glue dot kinda... well it glued the box shut. It had to be broken a little to open.
Did I mention... 27?!?!?!?!
They came out pretty cute
     I also put together these cute little hearts.  The candy I chose for him were heart shaped marshmellows dipped in chocolate. They are sooooo good.
 
     I also made brownies.  The hubby used the heart cookie cutter and cut heart shaped brownies.  They are for the bake sale.  Also made funfetti cupcakes and stayed up late to frost them pink... later to find out they were put in the bake sale instead of for the kids like I wanted... yeah that sucked. :(  I'll know for next time tho to label them better.  
    

1 comment: