Friday, February 8, 2013

Money Saving Goals

      While the hubs is away for some GOAT (Good Ole Army Training), I plan on taking the opportunity to SAVE MONEY!!  Here are the main ways I will do it:

  1. I will be washing the laundry in my handy little, energy free, clothes washer. (I might just put them in the spin cycle to get that water out... I HATE wringing clothes. oh the blisters)  Then I will be hanging them to dry on our indoor rack (where we live it takes less time to dry indoors than out... in Texas it was definitely OUTSIDE :/ Miss Texas for that). 
  2. Lower the water heater.  My husband loves burn-your-skin-off hot water.  I, on the other hand, do not.  This will save money on our gas bill since the gas will not be constantly heating this water.  Our energy company gives us a check every month if we are below their "estimated" average usage.  I would get a good $33 a month until he moved out here... now it's more like $23 every 2 months. haha
  3. The weather is warming up here and no need for the heater to be as high at night time.  This will lower our energy consumption as well.
  4. OMG I'm so excited! My dear sweet Husband made me a raised flower bed.  A woman at Church is giving me some seedlings for onions and romas.  I already have some strawberry plants.  I'm really excited to grow our own food.  Then this fall I will make salsa and can food. :) It's going to be a lot of fun.
      I hope this helps.  Saving money for our trip is my motivation for this. And the fact that sometimes, I feel more useful washing clothes by hand or drying them on the rack. Maybe I'm just silly... but I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment