Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Some newly Completed Crafts and Our Garden this Year


      On to other news,  I have completed a few projects.    I FINALLY  completed my mom’s Gator colored crochet blanket.
 

Close up



  I also made a patchwork baby blanket! I love it.  I made it from scrap yarn. I think it turned out well.

 
 
A rosette and minky blanket.

 
I even made a light rug for a friend.

 
 
 I started another blanket for a friend with the orange and blue.  Then I will be crocheting an awesome baby boy blanket with Grey, Navy, light blue and mustard yarn.  It should be awesome.  I have to finish some baby girl clothes for someone (as a gift), a batman quilt, and then I get to work on the projects for Little Miss.  I’m making a crib sheet and bumper, a large minky/ rosette blanket, many dresses and shirts and a TON of hair bows.  J It’s going to be so much fun!

I made a TIE RACK!! For Mr. Dall.  It cost under $4.  I went to Michael's and got a small piece of wood for $1.30 and small embellishments for $1.98.  I already had some paint, clothes pins and glue.  We are just going to screw it into the wall and start clipping up that large tie collection he has. :)
setting things up to get an idea of what I want.

Letting the glue dry.
 
Also happening in our family, we planted our family garden!! We repotted the fruit trees from last year, in hopes that they will wake up and thrive again.  We planted 12 new strawberry plants and revived our 6 from last year.  They are already doing so well!! I’m excited to have so many to eat this year!  We have seen the pea plants sprout already.  There are about 12 of them already. J Last year 3, simply, was not enough.  My men eat these things straight from the vine.  Carrots, also have started to grow.  They should be ready around the fall time and I can use them for baby food for Little Miss, when she gets to that stage.  Yay growing your own food.  I hope this inspires you all to get out and do something. :)
strawberries

Pink Lemonade Blueberries
 
P.S. Please take a minute to click on an ad to the side or below this post. It gives money to our family with NO cost to you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment