Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What you should or COULD Say to Women who are Trying to Conceive (TTC)


 
I certainly didn’t think I would get such a large huzza about my What NOT to say to women who are TTC!  A pleasant surprise.  As requested, here is a what you SHOULD or COULD say to women who are TTC (Trying to Conceive).

1.       “I wish you and your family luck in this.”   It shows that you are not being judgmental and supportive.

2.       Ask if you can pray for the woman and her family.  What is the worst she could say? She isn’t religious?  The fact that you are genuinely asking can show support.
 
3.       “I’ll send some baby dust to you.”  I know that sounds a little strange for those who are not familiar with TTC.  Wishing baby dust for someone is like saying “Good luck” or sending “good vibes” for the woman.
 
4.       “Don’t lose hope.  I’m here for you.” Sometimes, just hearing that someone is on your side (other than your man) can be a big help.  If you had issues TTC yourself, now might be the appropriate time to mention it.   

5.       “Don’t give up. Your miracle is on its way.”  I saw this in a picture and I know it made me feel good.  Maybe it could help others.

6.       “Even miracles take a little time” Say this with a smile… a REAL, genuine, I love you friend kind of smile.  And yes, that IS from Cinderella.  And it is true.

But I will reiterate what I said in my “what not to say post”: Sometimes, we think that we are making comments that are encouraging or they are our attempts to be helpful in this stressful situation.  But sometimes, the most helpful thing to do and say is to simply NOT say anything at all (Especially if you do not know the woman well).  And please, don’t hug someone unless you know they want or would like one… hugs do usually help in times like these… no words needed. J Love for all mommas and future mommas.

-Ashley

PSPlease click on an ad to the right or below this post in hopes to raise some money for my little family. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Tag! You're nominated for a Liebster Award. :) http://journeythroughppd.blogspot.com/2013/10/liebster-award-yes-please.html

    ReplyDelete