Saturday, January 2, 2016

Healthy Eating 2016

Hello All!!! It's been a long while since I blogged. :) I just wanted to share my fun new gadget the SPIRAL SLICER!!(seen here)
  I love pasta, but it does not always fit into my healthy lifestyle. I like to follow my 21 day fix portion control container system and with that you only get two servings of carbs a day.  That's the two pieces of bread on a sandwich.  So instead of adding spaghetti noodles I now use the Spiral Slicer.

Here is how it works.  You get your zucchini (yellow squash or carrot).

Decide if you want thin cut "noodles" like spaghetti or thinker like linguine.
Thin side

Thick side
 I, personally, like the spaghetti size the best.  Then, you insert your zucchini and twist it to make the noodles.


Thin side
Thick side

Now what?  I saute mine on the stove top for about 5 minutes. This leaves them a bit al dente.  I don't like my regular pasta this way, but for a veggie it's nice to have a little crispness to it. :)  I add onion powder, Himalayan sea salt and pepper. MMM

If you'd like to purchase a spiral slicer you can get yours by here. (disclaimer: This is my affiliated link.  I get a small proceeds from all sales.)
Baked chicken added on top (1 red and 2 greens for you 21 Day Fixers)

This is the first meal my 6 year old has eaten non stop. There was no yelling, no reminding, no bargaining, and he was done before everyone else. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment